CSI Spec Sections
07 14 00
07 33 63
07 55 56
07 55 63
Hydrotech's Monolithic Membrane 6125®, the original rubberized asphalt membrane, has been entrusted for more than 50 years with keeping high profile structures across the country and around the globe watertight. With more than two billion square feet of MM6125® installed on projects in over 36 countries, Hydrotech is recognized as the leader in the waterproofing industry.
Not satisfied to rest on our past successes, we have developed a full range of thermal and moisture protection products, drainage systems, The Ultimate Assembly® for plazas, decks and roof terraces, and the Garden Roof® Assembly for vegetated (green) roof applications.
Monolithic Membrane 6125 - Waterproofing
Monolithic Membrane 6125® (MM6125®) is a thick, tough, flexible, self-healing membrane for use in waterproofing. MM6125 is a special formulation of refined asphalts and synthetic rubbers. MM6125 has been successfully used worldwide by leading architects, engineers and owners on all types of horizontal and vertical structures including plazas, parking decks, planters, tunnels, bridges, mud slabs, foundation walls and roof areas...establishing an unbeatable track record of 50 years.
- Thermoplastic material - one component, 100% solids, NO solvents means no on-site cure failures, no two part mixing and no VOC restrictions.
- Conforms to all surface irregularities and bonds tenaciously to an acceptable substrate (i.e., concrete, steel, wood, etc.) eliminating lateral migration of water.
- Completely monolithic, no seams!
- Typically installed at 215 mils thick in the Fabric Reinforced Assembly. This is more than three times thicker than most other waterproofing membranes. Thickness is an important benefit in that MM6125 exhibits the ability to self-heal and better accommodate developing cracks in a concrete substrate.
- Can be installed at temperatures as low as 0 °F (provided the substrate is clean, dry, free of snow and frost).
- Detailing is simplified, with triple protection at all critical locations.
- deal for dead level installations; no slope required, just positive drainage.
- Developed to perform in a wet (submerged) environment.
- Tie-ins from one days work to the next is easy, perfect for phased construction.
Fabric Reinforced (FR) Assembly
Split Slab Construction
Protected Membrane Roofing
In conventional roofing the exposed membrane can be easily damaged by physical abuse. Abuse caused by other trades, during construction, or after from maintenance to roof top HVAC units...or the occasional arrow shot in the air! Obviously, in a PMR assembly, the insulation and ballast layer on top of the membrane helps to protect it from physical abuse.
Mother nature can be brutal too! From large temperature swings from day to night, freeze-thaw cycling, UV and ozone.
A study done by the U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers in the 1970s showed that on a PMR installation in Alaska, the roof membrane stayed within 15 °F of the deck temperature... year round.
The Ultimate Assembly®
Hydrotech's open joint architectural paver assembly, with a single-source warranty.
Ideal for roof terraces, vegetated roofs and plazas, The Ultimate Assembly begins at the substrate with Hydrotech's premier waterproofing membrane, Monolithic Membrane 6125®, and carries through to the overburden of the architectural pavers. Hydrotech's architectural pavers offer high compressive strength, low moisture absorption, and a wide variety of colors and textures.
Unlike sand or mortar setting bed installations, the architectural pavers are installed in an open joint assembly, supported at the four corners on spacer tabs or pedestals. This method of installation provides many distinct advantages...
- Open Joint System - open joints facilitate the flow of water below the paver surface to concealed drains, while also eliminating ponding water and trapped moisture.
- Access to Substructure - drains and all assembly components are easily accessible. If the need should arise, pavers can simply be lifted and reset in place so maintenance and future alterations are easily accomplished.
- Installation Flexibility - pavers are set directly on spacer tabs or adjustable pedestals to an established grade and even leveled where a sloped deck exists, a simple, durable solution.
Pavers on Tabs
Pavers with Integrated Feet
Pavers on Pedestals
Garden Roof® Assembly
Hydrotech's Garden Roof® Assemblies combine the proven performance of our Monolithic Membrane 6125® roofing/waterproofing with proven green technology. Unlike conventional earth covered structures, Garden Roof Assemblies are lightweight and can be installed on a wide variety of new and existing structures.
Replacing the impervious surface of a conventional roof with a "green roof" can help to substantially reduce storm water run-off and restore the balance with nature in our urban centers.
Designed to be lightweight and support hardy plants, this option is considered low maintenance, with no irrigation required in most climates. This is an excellent choice if your objective is to mitigate the effects of urban heat islands and reduce stormwater run-off.
Design professionals can now expand beyond traditional flat roof applications and put a green roof where it has not been feasible before. Additionally, a sloped Garden Roof Assembly can be designed for visibility and viewing from a wider range of locations, not just standing on the roof. Slopes ranging from 2:12 up to 12:12 are possible for extensive and limited intensive applications, provided the appropriate measures are taken to cope with the shear forces and soil retention.
Deeper soil depths are required to support a wide variety of plants, shrubs and trees. Often designed to be accessible for recreational use, this comes as close as you can get to replicating your yard or garden on the roof. Irrigiation and regular maintenance are necessary.
Still considered a lightweight assembly, but with a slightly deeper soil depth, and designed to support sod lawns and perennials. Irrigation will depend on the plant choices and climate. Generally accessible by adjacent hardscape areas, such as a patio, beautiful additional usable space can be created.